Pat will join the team to depart on fishing boats on or around the 18th February. The reports that are updated here will be specially tailored to middle primary classrooms. The curriculum focus areas are:
1. Geography (How people, places and environments interact, The Earth's environment (NSW), Geographical inquiry skills)
2. Science (Biological, Chemical, Earth and Space sciences).
Pat will be aiming to answer the following inquiry questions:
- Where is SW Wilderness coast of Tas (SWT)
- What are the characteristics of coastal SWT?
- What habitats are found on the beaches, bays, creeks and rocky shorelines of SWT?
- Why is the SW Wilderness coast like it is?
- How is SWT connected to other places?
- Why is SWT a national park? How is it valued and protected by people?
- What are the characteristics of the coastal waters of SWT?
- How are the coastal waters of SWT used, valued and protected by people?
- How would it feel like to live and work in these places?
- How are these places changing?
- How does marine litter affect the land and waters of SWT?
- How have we planned and undertaken an investigation of marine debris in SWT?
- ……..and finally, what has our investigation shown us and how can we start solving any problems?